The Bridge Trust Ltd works with two denominational groups, the Christian Community Churches (CCC) in the North West province and the Fire Baptised Churches (FBC) based in the Copperbelt region of Zambia.
Children at Sachibondu
• provide financial support to a health clinic covering a wide rural area.
• are starting to tackle poverty in Sachibondu by resourcing a new bakery business.
• have enabled 30 women in Solwezi, who formerly sold sex for financial survival, to start a non-abusive business co-operative.
• advise and train CCC leaders and some FBC leaders.
• provide some financial support for church workers.
Girls are given love, education and a caring environment
The Bridge Trust Ltd provides :
• Annual leadership training schools
• Financial support for pastors
• Financial support for orphans
• Financial support for schools and meals for childrenin the slums of Delhi
• Provision of training and financial support for Primary Health Care workers in one of the slum areas
• Training and development of adults in business
Mentoring, advising and teaching in churches
Dave has developed a mentoring programme with several newer church leaders in the Bristol region. He is able to pass on advice from his many years in leadership. Although the mentoring is primarily with men, it has been greatly rewarding to see the quality of younger men and women emerging in church leadership.
Advising and teaching in churches
The Bridge Trust Ltd, through Dave, works not only with its partners in India and Zambia but with several churches in the West of England, the USA and France. This involves regular visits, meeting with the church leaders and leadership teams plus preaching and teaching.
One25 works with street-based sex workers in Bristol who suffer from violence, poverty and addictions. Dave and Rhi have both had experience of the work as trustees and volunteers with the charity. Rhi is a former manager of the organisation. They offer pastoral support to any of the charity’s workers who seek it.
Regenerate Charity London
Dave and Rhi have strong relational links with the Regnerate charity working with young people and families in estates across London helping transform lives and communities from the inside out.
Compassionate Heart International
Through a long standing friendship with Linda Faber, the Vice-President of CHI which isbased in Clemmons NC, The Bridge Trust Ltd are pleased to endorse and support the work of CHI. Periodically, we shall be updating our website with news from this organisation as it seeks to address global concerns and its work in S E Asia